Snapchat is a hugely popular social network particularly among younger users. It’s a lot more photo-centric than older networks, and is famously known for the various filters you can apply.
But if you’re tired of Snapchat and want to get rid of it, the easy way is to delete the app. You can install it and log back in anytime, to get back to the app. However, if you want to delete all of your data for good, then you will need to delete your Snapchat account. There’s no way to do this via the Snapchat app – all you can do via the app is log out. If you want to get rid of your account for good, follow these steps to get rid of Snapchat for good.
- Open Snapchat’s account deletion page in your Web browser on desktop or mobile.
- Log in by entering your Snapchat ID and password.
- You’ll reach the confirmation page. Enter your username and password and click Continue.
- Now click Delete My Account.
- You’re not done yet. This will only deactivate your Snapchat account, and log you out of the app.
- If you change your mind, you can log in with the same username and password within 30 days via the Snapchat app and start using the app again.
- To permanently delete the account, you have to stay logged off for 30 days – only then will all of your data and your account be deleted permanently.
Deleting Snapchat this way might not appeal to most people, as it means that if you ever get back on the app, you’ll have to add all friends again and it’ll take a lot of work before you can get back to the level of popularity you were at before deleting the account. But if you’re certain that it is what you want, this is the only way to completely remove your account.
For more tutorials, visit our How To section.